We believe that lean is about people's behaviours, specifically how they go about grasping their current situation, creating a shared better future "target condition" using insights into their customers' wants, and then getting there by rapid loops of problem solving and learning.
Understand what your customer values and identify it in your current organisation. Create a vision for a brighter future to share with the organization via well-planned communications. Plan change together that makes sense, change to improve the flow of value that customers can pull through the organization when they want it. Deliver it and create a can-do culture to make it work and pursue perfection daily. That’s doing lean.
Lean is not just a list of tools and techniques, though there is some nifty stuff. We believe lean is a behaviour and some crisp rules to point that behaviour in the right direction. That’s how you make lean work in your organization, and leanideas will help you do just that.
Real improvement is the result of learning about the processes we have in place today. For this reason we use
- Root cause counter measures to understand the real problems driving your performance and eliminate them permanently. If we address the root cause we will permanently improve the system with a one-off fix that doesn’t play the blame game
- LeanPlus approach to learning about our processes in order to improve them specifically developed for automated processing and packaging, but drawing on our core lean values
- Variation reduction techniques drawing on lean and six sigma tools to improve the capability of critical process steps
Sometimes we need to do things differently, not just the same things better. At leanideas we like to talk about a helpful structure for creativity and being creative about our structure. When we create a new process, we think you need to do both. By testing great ideas quickly we can make them real or park them more quickly, and that’s the ethos behind the process we have. It has the benefits that our clients can
- make bigger changes with more confidence – less risk!
- build up your own process knowledge – who can copy that?
- spend less time and money getting exactly what you need – no compromises!
We have made exactly this approach work in a broad range of projects: consumer packaged goods, industrial processes, medical devices & pharmaceuticals (validation), industrial products and capital equipment.
leanideas can run a series of made to measure workshops that combine your requirements with our core lean values. Examples of lean education we have undertaken include
- lean events for senior management teams
- specific problem solving events for client teams
- training for our clients’ own continuous improvement experts and change agents, delivered as a complete tool kit
- lean education and practical training for Master’s programme students at world class universities
- training and facilitation of specific lean tools, delivered in a well defined context
Our emphasis is always on theory applied to your organisation, real results and sustainability in the approach and detailed methods. All our materials use adult learning theory and embody the principle that we need to SEE, SHOW, HAVE A GO.
“If the learner hasn’t learnt, the teacher hasn’t taught”
Mr Fujio Cho, Toyota